What is Archiving?
Archiving is a great feature that Instagram offers. Say you no longer want a post to show on your profile. Instead of deleting it, you can hide it from your profile by archiving it. That way, if you ever want to display the photo again, you can do so with just a few taps. This post will should you the quickest way to both archive and unarchive a post, step by step.
How to Archive Instagram Posts
If you would like to hide a photo from your profile (archive it), then here's the quickest way to do it:
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Tap the photo that you would like to archive
- Tap the three dots at the top right and choose ‘Archive'
- The post will now be hidden from your profile
How to Unarchive Instagram posts
If you would like to share your archived Instagram photo again, here's what you need to do:
- Go to your Instagram profile page
- Tap the clock icon from the options at the top right. If this icon isn't showing, tap the three dots and then ‘Archive'
- Now all you need to do is tap the photo and choose ‘Show on profile'
- That's it! Now your archived post will be displayed on your profile again. Currently there is no option to bulk unarchive posts, so you will have to do them one by one.
So there you have it! You now know exactly how to archive and unarchive posts on your Instagram profile. It's a great idea to archive posts as it helps you profile clean. This way, only your best photos will be on display. If at any time you change your mind, you can swap our which posts are on display or archived instantly.
One thing that people wonder is whether all of the likes and comments that you have obtained on your posts will remain if you archive it. The answer to this is no. Archiving a post includes the commends and likes, meaning when you restore the post, it will look exactly as it did originally.
One other question is about time limits. Instagram has not set a time limit on how long you can archive a post before it gets deleted. However, to be safe, it's best not to use Instagram's archive feature as a method to store your photos. This is because we never know if Instagram may suddenly come out with a time limit for deleting archived posts. They don't have unlimited storage after all!
One final question people often have is if you can bulk archive / unarchive posts. Currently, Instagram does not offer this feature. If you have a large number of photos to archive, you will have to select them one by one. However, if you have a huge amount of posts, there are a number of 3rd party apps that can bulk archive them for you. This is especially useful for companies that have a large number of product photos that they wish to archive / unarchive at once.