How to recover a hacked Instagram account has to be one of the most frequently asked questions. And yes, we have answers for you.
Imagine waking up after a beautiful night rest and suddenly seeing questionable of strangers on your Instagram. Or seeing that your followers have been cheated by a stranger while you were asleep. Sometimes it is leaked private conversations with your boss or friends.
But you are not alone. So many Instagram account users report hacked accounts daily.
The effect of a hacked Instagram account can range from financial to emotional consequences.
An Instagram hack can be terrifying, to say the least. We could feel unsafe and vulnerable. We sometimes could lose the trust of our Instagram followers.
This is why we have compiled these steps on how to recover a hacked Instagram account. The steps are simple and easy to follow.
Recover your Instagram account through your email
Check your email for any message about a change in your email from Instagram.
Reverse the action immediately. ‘Click on revert this change’
How to recover your hacked Instagram account if you can still log in.
Sometimes, these hackers log you out of your account totally. But, If you are lucky enough to still have access to your account, here are some steps to follow.
- Log into your Instagram account on your phone.
- Click on Setting>Password> Enter your old Password > Enter your new password
- Open your Instagram app. On the login screen
- Click on Forgot password (on IOS) or Get help signing in? (On Android).
- Enter your username or phone number.
- You will receive a temporary link.
- Click on the link in your email and reset your login.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone
- On the login screen, click on Get help signing in.
- Enter your email address or phone number and your username. Then click next
- On the login screen click on Forgot password > Need more help
- Enter your email address or phone number and your username
After you have done this, the next step is to stop access from third-party apps.
Go to Settings > Security > Authorized apps > Revoke access
This activity logs out the hacker from the device he/she is using to access your Instagram account.
Report a hacked Instagram account on Android and IOS
If the process described above does not work, you can report a hacked account.
Also, notorious hackers may change everything connected to your account. Your password, username, and email address.
When you notice this, report the account immediately following the steps described below.
Make sure that you enter an email address that you can access
Keeping Your Instagram Safe From Hacks
How about you save yourself the stress of recovering your Instagram account by avoiding hacks totally.
You can avoid hacks by turning on your two-factor authentication. to do this, just go to Settings > Security > Two-factor authentication. Then, follow the next steps as directed. Another way to safeguard your account is to set a strong password, and to change your password regularly.