It is now possible to download Instagram photos that people have posted. However, there is no feature to do this within the app. Instead, you will either need to use a 3rd party app or website. There are hundreds of services offering this, however many of them do not work well and some even charge money. We have tried and tested almost all of these services and concluded our opinion on the best app / website to save Instagram photos for free.
Download Instagram Photos Using Your Browser
This first method is best if you don’t want to have to download an app to download the photo. You only have to use your internet browser and you can do it on your phone or computer. Here are the step by step instructions:
1. Open your Instagram app and find the image that you want to download.
2. Tap the three dots on the top right
3. Choose ‘Copy Link’
4. Go to DownloadGram’s website at www.DownloadGram.com
5. Paste the link into the box and tap ‘Download’.
That’s it! The photo will now be be downloaded to your phone or computer.
Download Instagram Photos Using an App
The best app that we have found for downloading Instagram photos is called FastSave. The app has an inbuilt photo viewer which makes it quick and easy to select the photos save them. With over 500,000 reviews on the app store averaged at 4.5/5 stars, it’s definitely the most popular app for this purpose. Here’s how to use the app to download photos:
1. Download FastSave for iOS or Android
2. Open Instagram and then copy the link of the photo you want to download, as shown below:
3. Now open FastSave and paste the link
4. There will now be a button labeled ‘Repost’, tap this and then follow the instructions
5. You do not actually have to repost the photo. After you’ve followed the steps that the app prompts, the photo will get downloaded to your device
Things to Note
Instagram does not explicitly say that you are not allowed to download photos. However, as they do not provide a feature to do so, we can assume that that don’t want you to do it within the app. By using a 3rd party website or app as shown above, you do not even need to log in to your account. However, if you go exploring for other apps and websites that offer this service, do so with caution. Many of them won’t work, and some of them may ask you to log in, which is risk. Furthermore, some of them will ask you to pay just before you’re about to download the photo, which will waste a lot of your time.
The methods we’ve listed above are the safest and quickest way to save photos, so we recommend you give them a try. The advantage of using the app method over the website is that they offer a bulk download option. This means that you can download up to 20 photos at once, rather than having to paste every image URL individually.