It’s a horrible feeling when you find out that someone has blocked you on Instagram. Perhaps you’ve fallen out with a friend, or maybe that person just finds you annoying. Whatever the reason, many people wish to also block the person that has blocked them. This may be because the person can still view your profile after they’ve blocked you, even though you can’t see theirs. Fortunately, there is a way to block them, and we’re going to show you how!
Normally if you wish to block someone, you would simply go to their profile and tap the ‘Block’ button. However, if you have been blocked by this person, you won’t be able to visit their profile to block them. This is because Instagram will instead show a ‘Page Not Found’ message instead of showing their actual profile. Instead, you will need to use a workaround method:
How to Block Someone Who Has Already Blocked You
There are two methods that you can use to do this:
- 1. Go to your Direct Messages (DM) section
- 2. Create a new message
- 3. Type the person’s name into the search bar and their name will appear.
- 4. Tap the i button at the top right of the chat box and select ‘Block’
- 1. Go to one of your friend’s posts that the person may have left a comment or like on. You will still be able to see this even though they have blocked you.
- 2. Tap on their name and then tap ‘Block’
So there you have it! These are the only two methods there are to block someone who has already blocked you on Instagram. It’s strange that Instagram doesn’t make it easier to do, as it seems unfair that a person can block you and still view your profile. Nevertheless, hopefully you found this quick guide useful.