Ever since its inception in 2010, Instagram has taken the world by storm. This social media platform has driven many people to fame and enabled many others to become prosperous entrepreneurs. Many overnight celebrities and brands have developed as a result of showcasing their niche to their followers on Instagram. These individuals or brands have mastered this art over time and evolved to be tagged influencers. Put simply, social media influencers are people who have carved and established a name for themselves in a particular field. They have access to a large audience (their followers) and they can convince these followers that a particular lifestyle or product is best for them. An influencer possesses the tools and credibility to get followers to engage their posts.
In the online world and beyond, Instagram influencers have earned this credibility and trust over time. Customers would rather purchase a product if it is endorsed by a real person. This is as opposed to getting reviews on shopping sites like Amazon. The majority of people depend on social media posts and opinions of influencers before making a purchase.
How influencers make money
An influencer can be a variety of things; an entrepreneur, a celebrity, blogger, or chef. The conventional way through which influencers make money on Instagram is by sponsored posts. Sponsored posts are posts promoted by companies or brands on the social media platforms of influencers. Influencers with over 100k followers can charge 1,500 dollars per sponsored posts. Celebrity influencers like Kim Kardashian and Huda Kattan with millions of followers charge thousands of dollars per post. Using their audience, they have proceeded to launch prosperous brands.
How to become an Instagram influencer
Among many modern-day careers, this generation is fully invested in becoming an Instagram influencer. Once you are versed in the art, you earn good money, fame, and all other perks so, why not? However, becoming an Instagram influencer is not a cakewalk. It requires diligence, sleepless nights, and developing content.
- Carve your niche. Every influencer has its selling point, which makes its followers continuously interested in them and can earn them more followers. They also have the opportunity to connect with the followers of their followers. Some very successful niches on Instagram include; beauty, food, fitness, fashion, travel, lifestyle, business, and so on
- Create an Instagram account or effectively utilize your existing account.
- Your Instagram bio; this is the first thing people see when they look up your name or come across your account.
- Lastly, Get content and post often in order to stay relevant.
Prominent Instagram influencers
Popular influencers are worth millions of dollars. The likes of:
- Selena Gomez, the most followed person on Instagram for three consecutive years.
- Kylie Jenner, who reportedly makes around $1.2 million per post.
- Zach King, an internet personality, illusionist, and filmmaker who inspires people with his comedic videos.
- Maria Forleo, Cole spouse, Cameron Dallas and Everett Taylor. These individuals are famous Instagram influencers among others.
Once you determine the niche that fits you, make research on influencers that already succeeded in this area to develop yours. With the right techniques, you can move from just having a great feed to monetizing Instagram